Thursday, June 30, 2011
Summary HW
Overall I was very impressed with everyone's homework. Most of you can write very good summaries. However there were some recurring errors. One is coherence. While most of you are doing quite well with unity, you still aren't making the relationship between each sentence clear. Use transitions to indicate how each sentence is connected to the next. Furthermore most of you need to work on clarity in your papers. When we write we really need to explain things to the reader. Assume that your reader has little to no knowledge of your topic. A trick I've found is to pretend that your reader knows nothing and you have to teach them about your topic. I think if you do this, you might see what I mean. Despite all of this you guys really are doing well! Please ask if I you have any questions about my comments on your assignment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment