Monday, June 27, 2011

Argumentative Essay Graphic Organizer

A lot of you struggled with this homework assignment from last week. As such I've simply given everyone credit for doing it. I would like you to review the answer key (look at the third page of this document) though. If you didn't do very well on the exercise, I wouldn't worry too much about this assignment. What you need to understand is the general structure, i.e. introduction, body, conclusion, and the specific elements of each structure. Also be sure that each of your body paragraphs has a topic sentence. Regarding the counterargument, try to at least mention the other side somewhere in your paper and explain the faults in their argument. In a nutshell, the structure of the argumentative essay used for the argumentative essay structure handout was a bit odd. While it did follow the format I presented in class, it wasn't entirely parallel, so just be sure you have the general idea. If you do, then you should be fine. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment